Where is Charlie ?
I recently purchased some new products. The aim is to build a mapping device for the Agayon. This small project will be built from
- a Lidar Lite v3,
- a 5V stepper motor,
- two pulleys (a small oneand a larger one),
- a timing belt
- a compatible arduino nano v3,
- a slip ring,
- an Arduino motor shield V2.3,
- and a homemade wooden chassis.
About the chassis
Furthermore, four ultrasonic sensors have been mounted on the Agayon. Their purpose is to prevent it to get too close of surrounding walls. This function is complementary to the SLAM system. Indeed, these sensors are closer to the ground and the lidar could not see obstacles at 15-20 cm to the ground.
The mapping system is inspired by the following nice projects:
- BreezySLAM and http://aerospacerobotics.com/blogs/learn/14881837-unraveling-breezyslam